Michael’s Old Man Vitto Among Top Pops – Dave’s Diary
Father’s Day is this Sunday. Yea. One lousy day is all we get. Better make the most of it I suppose. Perhaps we can learn something from this list of manly movie men…all nominees for top pop.
1. Atticus Finch (Gregory Peck) in "To Kill a Mockingbird" (1962)
Fatherly advice: "You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view. Until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
2. Vito Corleone (Marlon Brando) in "The Godfather" (1972)
Fatherly Advice: "A man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
3. Clark Griswold (Chevy Chase) in "National Lampoon's Vacation" (1983)
Fatherly Advice: "Everybody in the car. Boat leaves in two minutes. Or, perhaps you don't want to see the second largest ball of twine on the face of the earth, which is only four short hours away."
4. Darth Vader (James Earl Jones) in "The Empire Strikes Back" (1980)
Fatherly Advice: "No, I am your father."
5. Furious Styles (Laurence Fishburne) in "Boyz n the Hood" (1991)
Fatherly Advice: "Any fool with … can make a baby. But only a real man can raise his children."
6. Mufasa (James Earl Jones) in "The Lion King" (1994)
Fatherly Advice: "A king's time as ruler rises and falls like the sun. One day, Simba, the sun will set on my time here, and will rise with you as the new king."