Men VS Housework: When your Best Isn’t Good Enough : Dave’s Diary
I remember thinking as a kid that if I goofed up doing my chores often enough, at some point my mother
would, out of frustration, let me out of my responsibilities. That was just 1 of 100 other brilliant ideas I had that didn’t work. I wonder if that’s what’s going on in the results of this survey?
We’ve all heard the phrase that a woman’s housework is never done…and it seems like one of the reasons why is because she has to keep redoing chores that her guy goofs up. On average, gals spend three hours a week on do-overs for housework their Mr. Rights did wrong, says a survey of 2,000 women conducted by a British super market chain.
4 in 10 women report splitting chores even-steven, 32 percent complain that their guy never makes the bed. And 28 percent complain that their man cooks up a storm but leaves the kitchen looking like it’s been hit by a hurricane. A survey spokesman says: “Men just don’t realize how much goes into having a clean home.”
Here are the top 10 jobs that men mess up:
- They do not wipe down kitchen countertops.
- They do not replace decorative pillows on beds and sofas.
- They do not pull the bottom sheet straight when making the bed.
- They do not return things to the right drawers, let alone neatly.
- They hang wet clothes too close together so they take longer to dry.
- They do not vacuum all the way to the edges of the carpets then tromp over the cleaned part with dirty shoes.
- They ignore dirty mugs when they wash up.
- They do not separate whites from darks while doing the laundry.
- The do not fold clothes before stuffing them in dressers.
They overload the dish-washers so it leaves grime on the dishes