Lincoln Avenue Closure in West Valley Area For Most of August
Yakima’s grind-and-overlay project is entering its late summer phase and will begin major work this week on Lincoln Avenue.
Starting Monday, the city will be closing down eastbound Lincoln Avenue from 6 a.m. until 4 p.m. every weekday. The closure will start at 42nd Avenue and go to 52nd Avenue.
The work is expected to take until Aug. 21.
The city also released their list of road closures along with dates and times. The following roads will see lane closures occurring periodically from 6 a.m. until 4 p.m. throughout the week:
- Walnut Street between 1st Street and 7th Avenue
- Lincoln Avenue from 1st Street to 10th Street
- 4th Avenue from Division to Walnut
Overnight road closures are also still part of the project and will occur at the following roads on at least one night this week:
- Nob Hill Boulevard from 32nd Avenue to 48th Avenue
- 16th Avenue from Nob Hill Boulevard to Englewood Avenue
- Tieton Drive from 16th Avenue to 33rd Avenue
- Tieton Drive from 40th Avenue to 48th Avenue
- MLK Jr. Boulevard from 8th Street to Pierce Avenue
- Walnut Street from 1st Street to 8th Avenue
- “D” Street from 1st Avenue to 5th Avenue
- 3rd Avenue from Walnut Street to “D” Street
- Summitview Avenue from Yakima Avenue to 16th Avenue