Leaf Burning Results in Big House Fire
A big fire cost a family in Sunnyside their home and all of the contents Saturday afternoon.
Firefighters from Fire District 5 estimate the total loss at $440,000.
They say Gregory Marple was in his front yard of his home at 651 E. Stover Road burning leaves when the fire darted out of control and quickly burned arborvitae bushes near the house. The fire then spread to the front room of the home driven by wind.
It took firefighters some three hours to douse the flames. More than 25 firefighters from throughout the valley responded.
No injuries were reported.