Honesty Schmonesty Women Want Men to Lie : Dave’s Diary
On Monday we talked about National Honesty Day. A little Google research -thanks to Wikipedia- reveals that an “M. Hirsh Goldberg, who was a former press secretary of Maryland and writer of many novels, created the holiday in the early 1990’s while writing the first draft and researching for his book The Book of Lies: Fibs, Tales, Schemes, Scams, Fakes, and Frauds That Have Changed The Course of History and Affect Our Daily Live. “
So given all that, the subject of Truth & Honesty has been my mind lately and so it’s not surprising that this info from She magazine caught my eye.
Women like men to lie! WHAT?
Honesty isn’t always the best policy between couples — and that’s the truth.
A recent survey of 1,000 women by reveals these facts:
- One-third don’t want a man to tell them the real reason he’s ditching them.
- 26 percent want to be lied to when they ask the question: “Does this dress make me look fat?”
- A staggering 98 percent fib about their weight.
- Just over 70 percent admitted they lie about how much booze they drink and how many cigarettes they smoke.
- To avoid hurting their partner’s feelings, 40 percent exaggerate their happiness in the bedroom.
- Forty percent have lied about their age.