Frozen But Not Forever – Food Timelines From the Freezer — Dave’s Diary
Let’s face it, one of the great things about being married for most of us men is that we get to eat better than when we were single. Frozen food was a staple and chances are we dodged a frozen bullet a time or two by eating something a ways past its expiration date!
During this Frozen Food Month, If you care to think back, or if you single guys still need to know, here is the 4-1-1 on Frozen --the food, not the movie!
National Frozen Food Month -- How long will frozen food keep?
- Frozen dinners -- three to four months
- Ground beef and turkey -- three months
- Bacon, unopened -- one month
- Roasts -- six to twelve months
- Whole fish -- five to six months
- Fish fillets -- four to five months
- Shellfish -- four to six months
- Whole chicken or turkey -- twelve months
- Chicken or turkey pieces -- nine months
- Cooked poultry -- four months