Fire on Nob Hill Blvd Deemed Accidental
Yakima firefighters responded to a structure fire in the 900 block of Nob Hill Blvd Saturday afternoon.
A nearby espresso stand employee smelled smoke and called 911. There was a fire on the roof of a building near 10th Ave and W Nob Hill Blvd when firefighters arrived on the scene.
A total of 16 firefighters responded to the scene and they were able to put out the fire, though they had to use special saws to access a mechanical room in the building to find the origin of the fire.
The estimated cost of the blaze is approximately $250,000.
Officials believe that the spark was caused by an electrical problem and have deemed the fire an accident. There were no injuries.