Finalists Named in Annual Enterprise Challenge
Finalists for the Enterprise Challenge business plan contest have been announced and now eight area businesses will be using the holidays and a little beyond to perfect their entries.
The contest is organized by the Yakima County Development Association and is focused on new and emerging companies. The finalists will present their final ideas on Jan. 21, 2014 with the winners being announced the following evening.
The finalists for this year's prizes are the following.
- Active Life Chiropractic specializes in chiropractic care with a focus on sports-related injuries and pediatric services. They provide a holistic approach to overall health and wellness and emphasize many factors of a healthy lifestyle including exercise, diet and wellness of mind. The focus is providing a natural, non-pharmaceutical and non-surgical means of health care.
- BAR Fitness plans to build and operate a fitness facility in Naches. The company will offer a variety workout options with its weight and fitness room. The facility will also feature an indoor multi-purpose turf field and walking/running path.
- CertaPro Painters provides interior and exterior painting services for residential and commercial structures, decks, etc. The company is part of a national franchise and poised to provide solutions for home owners and businesses who do not want to take on painting projects.
- Four Seasons Fresh is a fully sustainable greenhouse-based food production enterprise offering superior quality food at high yields naturally and year round despite weather or geographic location.
- Window Fashions will be a Hunter Douglas Gallery showroom dealer focusing on the sales and installation of Hunter Douglas window coverings.
- Jolie Color System offers professional salons unique diagnostic tools that help hair professionals analyze skin tones and develop perfect hair colors and makeup for their clients.
- Spring Harvest Fiber Mill process alpaca farmers' raw fiber into soft, bright yarns that are used for hand-spinning and felt products. The company is also starting to produce rugs and other products for sale to consumers and wholesalers.
- Wineries Express is a touring company offering group and "Step-On" tours through Eastern Washington's wine country. The company's driver/guides are knowledgeable about the wine industry, its practices and people so customers get a full experience during their tour.
The first place winner will receive $10,000. Second place will $5,000 and thrid $2,500. Selah's Smiles was the 2012 winner.
For more information about the Enterprise Challenge, check out their website.