Delays on 5th Avenue Among Road Work for Week
Traffic along 5th Avenue between Walnut Avenue and Tieton Drive will see lane closures on June 30 as the city removes an old water meter.
In a press release, the city says that the road sees a high volume of traffic on a daily basis, so it will likely cause delays and a detour is recommended.
The water meter needs to be removed as Davis High School renovations continue on.
This lane closure is in addition to the city-wide grind and overlay repaving project that is continuing throughout the summer. The city also released the list of roads that will see lane closures during the day or complete closures overnight. No road work will occur on Friday, July 4.
Lane closures will occur each day from 6:00 am to 4:00 pm on the following roads:
- Tieton Drive between 16th Avenue and 32nd Avenue
- 4th Avenue between Tieton Drive and D Street
- West Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard between 1st Avenue and Pierce Avenue
- Summitview Avenue between Yakima Avenue and 16th Avenue
- 6th Street between Pacific Avenue and H Street
Overnight closures will shutting down the following roads from 7:00 p.m. until 6:00 a.m. on the days listed.
- 40th Avenue between Fruitvale Boulevard and Summitview Avenue – June 30th and July 1st
- Lincoln Avenue between 24th Avenue and 32nd Avenue – July 2nd
- 24th Avenue between Washington Avenue and Nob Hill Boulevard – June 30th to July 2nd
- Tieton Drive between 16th Avenue and 32nd Avenue – June 30th to July 2nd
- 4th Avenue between Tieton Drive and D Street – June 30th to July 2nd
- D Street between 1st Avenue and 2nd Avenue – June 30th to July 2nd
- 3rd Avenue between Walnut Avenue and D Street – June 30th to July 2nd
Full information can be found on the city's website.