Dave’s Diary: As The President Said–Just Words, Just Phrases
The hosts at KIT earn their living with words. They are the tools of our trade and we all have our pet sayings or phrases. Some seem to be fairly commonplace but all too often they are not only overused and lacking in originality, but many of our popular phrases and clichés indicate at the very least a poor command of basic English grammar.
Excuuuuse me! In other words, according to Chicago Tribune, author T.R. Slyder, say any of these and you'll just sound stupid. Here are Slyder’s top 10 most stupid phrases:
1. "It is what it is."
2. "I don't give a rat's a**"
3. "How do you REALLY feel?"
4. "If someone would have told me a decade ago that in 10 years I'd be doing X, I would NEVER have believed it!"
5. "I could care less."
6. The formula of: "How X was Y?" As in "How funny was that?" or "How good was that steak?" or "How random was that?"
7. "That is really unique."
8. "The dog wants out."
9. "...It does. It really does."
10. "I am NOT a happy camper."