Crews Prepare for the Winter Season on Snoqualmie Pass
Drivers may experience minor delays this week
HYAK – Winter is definitely in the air and crews are working hard to make sure construction activities are wrapped up and ready for winter on Interstate 90 over Snoqualmie Pass.
The Washington State Department of Transportation and construction crews will be closing lanes and shoulders intermittently between North Bend and Ellensburg to finish striping and making improvements to the Intelligent Transportation System during the day Monday, Nov. 5, through Friday, Nov. 9. Crews plan to finish making repairs to the Cle Elum Bridge Friday, Nov. 2 and will have both lanes open to traffic by the afternoon.
WSDOT offers a number of ways for travelers to prepare for winter driving conditions:
· Go to the Snoqualmie Mountain Pass Web page for real-time travel information and to view traffic cameras
· Download WSDOT’s free smartphone app to check mountain pass conditions
· Check the Traffic Web page for updates
· Tune into the Highway Advisory Radio at 1610 AM and 530 AM
· Call 511 using a hands-free device.
· Follow us on Twitter@snoqualmiepass
· Refresh your memory on winter driving
Press Release from Washington Department of Transportation