Firefighters continue the battle against the 4,000 acre Conrad Fire burning in the Wenas Valley.  Department of Natural Resources Spokesman Randy Shephard says no homes were lost and those who had to evacuate have now been allowed back in their homes. However Shephard says the fire hasn't been contained and winds in the forecast for later today and this evening could challenge firefighters. He says the eastern edge of the fire is getting close to the area that burned in last year's South Wenas Fire...an area now that's full of fire fuel called cheatgrass. "So if it gets into that and the wind gets behind it we could have another big piece of ground eaten up by fire."
Shephard says additional firefighters and resources have Monday morning. The evacuation level is now at 1 which means everyone who lives near the fire needs to be ready to leave if the fire again threatens homes.