Clean Air Advisory: Stage 1 Burning Ban
Please be advised:
News Media: Please distribute for publication – News and Weather.
Effective: 09:00 a.m. PDT today, Tuesday, August 14, 2012:
The Pollution Control Officer for the Yakima Regional Clean Air Agency has declared a Stage 1 Burn Ban for both the Upper and Lower Yakima County areas, due to residual smoke originating from the Cle Elum wildfire.
From the News: Estimates are that the wildfire has burned at least 26,000 acres -- 41 square miles -- since it started Monday afternoon east of the town of Cle Elum and has destroyed 60 homes as it continues toward the Ellensburg area.
PM2.5 Air Quality levels are into the Unhealthy (Red) level, and
Weather predictions are for conditions of continued poor air dispersion, coupled with recurrent episodes of little or no wind activity, extending possibly into Wednesday
Agricultural Burn allocation are 0 piles per request for Upper and 0 for the Lower Today.
We will continue to evaluate the burn ban status at regular intervals
· During Unhealthy (Red) Air Quality Conditions –
· People with heart or lung disease, older adults, children should avoid prolonged or heavy exertion.
· Consult your health care professional if you begin to experience difficulty breathing
· Everyone else should try and limit outdoor activity.
· Consolidate necessary trips