Christmas Eve House Fire Caused by a Damaged Electrical Cord
A damaged electrical cord to a Christmas tree was the cause of a fire that damaged a home in the 1400 block of Hamilton Avenue on Christmas eve. Firefighters say a family of 4 was able to escape without being injured and was able to save Christmas presents. Fire investigators say the cord to the tree was damaged after being pinched in a doorway. The fire caused an estimated 70 thousand dollars in damage. The family spent Christmas with relatives.