Character Matters: Caring Is The Word of The Month
I have a lot of respect for the Yakima School District and their ongoing effort to support character development through the character word of the month. You see the words posted on reader boards all over town. Here’s hoping the lessons are learned for a brighter better Yakima in the future. February’s word is Caring. Here’s how the school district defines caring.
aring is giving love and attention to people and things that matter to you. When you care about people, you say and do things that help them.
- Give people help when they need it
- Am gentle and loving with anything or anyone placed in my care
- Treat my body with respect
- Work with enthusiasm and excellence
- Handle things carefully
- Let people know that what they say is important by looking at them and listening closely