Apartment Fire Monday Started By Burning Incense
Yakima firefighters were busy Monday night with a fire at an apartment in the 3100 block of Castlevale Road. When firefighters arrived at about 7:45 p.m. they found a fire in a second story apartment. Everyone was out of the apartment. Capt. Jeff Pfaff says the two occupants were alerted of the fire by working smoke alarms in the apartment which were sounding. They immediately called the fire department upon discovering the fire. It took firefighters about 10 minutes to douse the flames. The fire was found in a bedroom.
An investigation found the fire was started by incense burning near some flammable materials. No injuries reported.
Damage is estimated at $20,000.