All the Makings for a Super Super Bowl Party — Dave’s Diary
Thanks to TV Guide & entertaining expert Colin Cowie for a few tips for a great party for Sunday’s BIG game! Remember, you can listen to all the pre-post and game excitement on 1280 AM & 99.3 FM Newstalk KIT!
A big event TV — “Set the TV up in the living room or den with seating in a U-shape around it,” says Cowie.
- Buck of beverages — Free up fridge space by “filling a tub with beers and soft drinks,” says Cowie. A metal wash tub works great and it will also work well at backyard barbecues this summer.
- Fun party favors — Create your own sidelines action with themed trinkets. “People like to get silly,” Cowie says. “They can create their own halftime show with fun little toys.”
- Sweet treats — Football shaped chocolate covered strawberries, theme cookies, and cupcakes will score big with fans. They also make a great hostess gift.
- Savory snack — “Create a popcorn station with different flavors,” Cowie suggests for a fun snack. Popcorn plus popcorn flavors is all you need to do this.
- Hot stuff — “Make a big pot of chili and serve with an assortment of toppings: sour cream, grated cheese and jalapenos,” Cowie recommends.
- Best seat in the house — Cushions are a comfy way to provide extra seating, says Cowie. After game stack them up until you need them again on Oscar night.