A Case of the Blues – The World’s Favorite Color — Dave’s Diary
I am as attracted to odd facts and quirky information as much as the world is attracted to the color blue. Stay with me, we'll get there.....
According to color psychologists blue represents "trust, honesty and loyalty." (True blue friend?) "This is a color that seeks peace and tranquility above everything else, promoting both physical and mental relaxation. It reduces stress, creating a sense of calmness, relaxation and order - we certainly feel a sense of calm if we lie on our backs and look into a bright blue cloudless sky. It slows the metabolism. The paler the blue the more freedom we feel"http://www.empower-yourself-with-color-psychology.com/color-blue.html
In fact, from denim jeans to corporate logos, the color blue is consistently ranked as the world's favorite color, according to ColorMatters.com. However not all blues are created equal. To him it's just plain blue. To her it's cobalt. Find out why men and women really do see colors differently. Blue has different meanings depending on the shade:
- Dark blue signifies trust, dignity, intelligence and authority.
- Bright blue indicates cleanliness, strength, dependability and coolness.
- Light blue suggests peace, serenity, ethereal, spiritual and infinity.
More facts to know and tell about the color blue, according to ColorMatters.com:
- 53 percent of the flags in the world contain blue.
- When it comes to corporate logos, blue is the most commonly used color.
- A dark blue suit is professional business attire.
- Blue jeans are worn all over the world.
- Aristocracy is blue-blooded in all European languages.
- In American culture, blue has evolved as a symbol of depression. We "sing the blues" and "feel blue."
- Greeks believe that blue wards off "the evil eye.
- Dark blue is the color of mourning in Korea.
- Blue is sharply refracted by the eyes, causing the lens to flatten and push the blue image back. We perceive that blue areas are receding and smaller.
- Blue has very few connections to taste or smell; therefore, it may act as an appetite suppressant.
So now you know and we're glad to help in providing you
with this kind of "important" information--especially if you were struggling with a case of the blues!