7 Things We Hate About Facebook — Dave’s Diary
Kit Radio aims to be where you are and that means on the air, on line, on your phone and in your face--book. We have an entire division of our Townsquare Media Corporate home office dedicated to social media. We do our own research and we research the research done by others--like the Pew Research Center. What those guys discovered the number one thing that
we really, really don't like about Facebook is TMI. Too Much Information! 36 percent of those polled by the Pew Research Center said they "strongly dislike" it when people share too much information about themselves. We don't need to hear the dirty details of your divorce or a gory description of your recent surgery.
According to PEW here are the seven things we hate about Facebook:
- People sharing too much personal information: 36 percent
- Others who post information about you or pictures of you without first asking permission: 36 percent
- Other people seeing posts or comments you didn't mean for them to see: 27 percent
- Temptation or pressure to share too much information about yourself: 24 percent
- Pressure to post content that will be popular and get lots of comments/likes: 12 percent
- Pressure to comment on content posted by others in your network: 12 percent
- Seeing posts about social activities in which you were not invited or included: 5 percent
57 percent of American adults and a whopping 73 percent of young people ages 12 to 17 use Facebook. And most of us visit the site at least once a day. Half of all adult Facebook users have more than 200 friends in their network, but only 15 percent have more than 500 friends. 12 percent of Facebook users say that someone else has asked them to "unfriend" a person in their network, and younger users are more likely to have experienced this than older users. while 44 percent of Facebook users "like" their friends' content and comment on photos at least once a day, only 10 percent change or update their own status on Facebook daily. Fully 25 percent say they never change or update their Facebook status.
And now you know what they know about what you know--and do.