Charges Filed Against Yakima Dog Hoarder
It has been three weeks since a home on 19th Avenue in Yakima was raided, and 47 dogs were removed. Just this week, the owner, Evelyn Dauenhauer was served with 23 citations.
The charges include:
- 10 counts for animal cruelty
- Nine counts for possession of a pit bull
- One count for not having a pet license
- One count for keeping animals in a nauseous environment
- One count for operating a kennel without a license
If convicted and given the maximum penalty for each charge, Dauenhauer could be fined more than $56,000 and serve up to 11.5 years in jail. The case is now in the hands of city prosecutors who say they are prepared to move forward with the case. Dauenhauer's arraignment is set for May 10.