Top Dogs Tell Tail of Personality : Dave’s Diary
I don’t really believe in horoscopes but I get a kick out of reading them. I don’t know that the flavor of chewing gum I like reveals any deep inner secrets about me either…but again, I like to read the studies and conclusions. So…with that thought in mind, the kind of pet you choose can be a direct reflection on the type of person you really are according to psychologist Marion Steinberg.
"Research has shown you'll live a longer, happier life if you open your heart to anything from a dog to a parrot." The latest research indicates the animals you choose to love actually highlights your personal traits. So what does our favorite pet say about you?
- Birds -- Fun-loving and adventurous, folks in your inner circle know you'll try anything once. The trouble is, you don't always plan ahead to avoid catastrophe. If you curb your impatience, you'll land on your feet more often than not.
- Cats -- Just like the feline, you're picky about who you lavish your affection on. You're a natural-born leader who's not afraid to stand up for your rights and take charge of a situation. That's fine because your co-workers respect your ideas.
- Dogs -- You're a straight shooter, and your pals often ask for your clear-eyed advice and thoughtful observations. A loyal and true friend, you never betray a confidence. Best of all, when you give your friendship, it's for life.
- Fish -- You're a creative person who appreciates beauty in all its forms. Friends and family love your generous spirit and unselfish approach to life. You're also perceptive and observant -- a person who's always in the know.
- Gerbils/Guinea Pigs -- Loved ones are sometimes confused by your behavior. You can be shy and standoffish or outgoing and full of spunk, depending on your mood. But despite the ups and downs, you're a popular and well-loved person.
- Pot-belly pigs -- You're intelligent, funny and affectionate. Life is something to be enjoyed to the fullest. But although your friends are the center of your life, you may have a commitment phobia when it comes to love.
- Rabbits -- These indicate you're a shy yet curious nature, ready for anything.